Thursday 11 December 2008

We want to invite everyone who reads our blog to join The Advent Conspiracy with us. Please watch the video. I've watched the video about 7 times and every time I watch it, I tear up. After having visited Haiti and Belize our perspective on life has really changed. We love the US and thank God for having placed us here, but there are some things that need to be re-evaluated here. The Lord has provided for us and our children with everything that we could ever need. So we would love for anyone who feels the need to buy us presents to not and donate anything you would've spent on us to further His Kingdom. We aren't against gift giving and there are few things that make me happier than suprising Audrey with anything that has princesses on it, but there are many other people with needs far greater than ours. Let's make a difference and give something to someone who needs to know that God loves them. Worship Fully. Spend Less. Give More. Love All.

Here's some of our favorite charities:

Hope Pregnancy Center -Bell County

Compassion International

Living Water - partnered with Advent Conspiracy

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Josh and Shannon,

You probably don't remember me, I am Erin(Hayes)Burt's Mom.

Beth told me about your blog and it is so much fun to follow. The kids are so cute!

Jan Hayes