Wednesday 7 January 2009

More Audrey stories...

I'm sure Josh will be in soon with a Christmas post, but I wanted to hurry up and write these stories down before I forget them.

One of Audrey's favorite books is Guess How Much I Love You. (Side note: I hate it. How many times can you say Little Nutbrown Hare and Big Nutbrown Hare without getting sick of it? Twice.) Anyway, she and Josh always say the last lines of the book to each other. Josh says, "I love you right up to the moon." And Audrey says, "and back." Well I messed it up and said the whole thing to her, "I love you right up to the moon and back." She had a very puzzled look on her face and said, "Well I love you to Salado and back." About 28 miles. Gee thanks!

Yesterday, Audrey said, "Mom, Macy is a funny, funny boy. He likes princesses!"
"Audrey, Macy is a girl. She has short, beautiful hair. She is a girl," I replied.
"Mom! That was really rude of you! Macy is a boy and he will not like that!" So we spent some time yesterday googling women with short hair. In her defense, it is kind of hard to tell when they all wear the same uniform!


Then yesterday during nap I heard her singing on the monitor. We are trying to get her napping in her room instead of mine. I burst in her room thinking I would find her out of bed playing with toys but she was in bed and said, "Mom, I'm just quietly singing. Is that wrong?"

1 comment:

Unknown said...

In the midst of being down, I can read about Audrey and have the best laugh. You make my day sharing her on your blog.
Jan Hayes (Erin Hayes Burt's Mom)