Tuesday 13 January 2009

Oh my.

This long break from preschool has made me exceptionally thankful that they wear uniforms. Every day we have major battles about what Audrey would like to wear. Audrey, in the tradition of Black Sarah, only wears dresses or skirts with heels or flip-flops.

Last Thursday it was really chilly so I put my zombie child in front of the television and completely undressed her and dressed her without her even noticing! Then, as soon as Yo Gabba Gabba ended, she looked down at her adorable poodle outfit and said, "Hey! I didn't want to wear pants!!" I said, "Oops, well it's time to go! Sorry!" and threw her in the car. I don't think she'll fall for that again.

It was freezing this morning when we got ready to go grocery shopping and she was furious that I wouldn't let her go bare-legged. "I look like a ridiculous weirdo!" she said after I finally wrestled her cute boot-cut jeans on.

She was so melodramatic I took a picture.



An hour later we got home from the store and Audrey disappeared. Then I heard her yell, "Mom, you can take my picture now!"



Oh my.

8 comments:

Kim said...

Oh, my...but take that singlemindedness and turn it for Christ and watch the Kingdom grow for His glory! Praising God with you that the hard work of making that happen is His and not ours!

Shanan & Shannon said...

what a hoot! Children certainly brings lots of smiles among the headaches-:)

Laura said...

Wow-she is Miss Priss!!!

Candace said...

If my legs were that cute I'd be the same way!

THE WHITE HOUSE said...

We LOVE reading stories about Audrey! They always give us a great laugh! :)

KarenD said...

Even Stacey London and What Not to Wear would advocated the boot cut jeans (well, assuming Audrey has the right figure for it:-) You've got such a fashionista on your hands!

Stephanie said...

lil a is ridiculous, but i love it

Abbey said...

We have lots and lots of tights and leggins (not sure how to spell the last one). Ellie is the same and hates jeans and really anything that is not a skirt or dress. She wont even wear the cute Gap blue jean skirt that i splurged on (well, from the outlet). She says that jeans are not cute or pretty even as skirts!