Sunday 2 August 2009

Colorado Vacation

This week we met my dad's family in Estes Park for an awesome vacation to Estes Park (where we went every other year when I was growing up). We're officially hooked. We haven't been since our honeymoon (7! years! ago!) and we're planning on going back next year. So here's your official invitation to join us! Somewhere around July 17, 2010 is the likely date.

Here's the most vivid rainbow I've ever seen. It was actually a double rainbow (though it didn't come out in this picture) and I learned for the first time that in a secondary rainbow the colors are inverted. We also could see the end of the rainbow on the ground (another first for me).


The view of my parents' cabin's front porch:


The hummingbirds went crazy for this food--at one point we saw seven hummingbirds crowded around it.


Audrey with my cousin Dani who is 6.


And this is Steven...one of Dani's big brothers. He is all-boy...or couldn't you tell?


Josh and Clark found a fishing pole and Clark quickly learned how to cast and reel in the line.

1 comment:

thecleggfamily said...

Looks like so much fun! I want to go next time! The hiking look amazing. We've been to Estes Park when I was little. All I remember is the water wheel downtown.