Thursday 14 February 2008

Overwhelmed



As I sit here at breakfast with my kids, I got kind of overwhelmed with what a blessing they are. Going to work daily and getting in a routine, I sometimes forget how special they both are. We were listening to David Crowder (who by the way was the secular music magazine Blender's Reason not to Hate Christian Music) this morning and something kind of struck me. These kids are such an extension of grace. There is nothing Shannon and I could ever do to deserve such a rich blessing. Another reminder of how awesome God is to extend grace to us as in we deserve death we all have the opportunity for abundant everlasting life. Just one of those different angles you pick up as a parent.

These are pics from Audrey's 3rd birthday party. By far the quickest three years of my life. I could go on all day about all the special things about her. Since it's Valentine's Day, I'll just say I couldn't have ever predicted how one tiny little girl could have a grown man completely wrapped around her finger.

3 comments:

Chris & April said...

What a great looking family. April and I were discussing the same thing about our kids today. What an amazing gift!!

chris harless

Elaine said...

You have a beautiful family. Thanks for keeping your Beaumont friends in the loop with the blog.

Jansen said...

Happy Birthday Audrey!

Loving the cake Shannon ;)