Tuesday 30 August 2005

The Proudest Dad in the World





I can't even describe all of the emotions that come with being a dad. I think that the James Taylor song "Your Smiling Face" describes best the way that I feel about both of my girls. "Isn't it amazing a man like me can feel this way, tell me how much longer it grows stronger everyday."
One of the more powerful things that I've realized about being a parent is how amazing it was of God to sacrifice his own Son, Jesus. You hear it every Sunday, but I see it from a totally different angle now. I just can't fathom giving up your own child for anyone else much less a sinner such as myself. Often I think of Abraham willing to sacrifice Isaac, and it scares me so much. But I also admire that faith and hope someday soon that I would have that faith that strong.
Anyway here's some more pictures of our little sweety taken right here in the Heights just about a half a block from our house.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Everytime I read this, it makes me want to cry...how sweet is that?